This new edition:
- Familiarises students with the recent trends affecting the banking business.
- Covers contemporary central banking and bank regulation issues comparing the UK, eurozone and the US, providing students with the most up-to-date information on banking practice.
- Provides a strong focus on bank management issues and prepares students to understand the different financial features of commercial and investment banking business.
- Outlines recent changes in developed and developing countries' banking and financial systems, familiarising students with different types of banking systems and how global trends impact on different types of banking markets.
- Covers advanced topics in banking, from the growth of the 'shadow banking system' to bank mergers and acquisition activities, and issues and challenges surrounding the industrial structure of modern banking markets.